Croydon Group was formed in 1981.
We are active in the following work to raise awareness of diabetes in Croydon, focusing also on prevention of Type 2 diabetes:
- We create and attend events to raise awareness
- We give talks in the community, with Patient Participation Groups in GP surgeries, churches and anywhere possible to make sure the community knows that the risk of Type 2 diabetes can be substantially reduced
- We participate in providing stories about people living with diabetes to improve the local clinical resources
- We have a stall in Surrey Street market several times a year
- We are actively involved in working with the local CCG who provide the funding for diabetes in the community as well as Croydon University Hospital
- We hold meetings 6 times a year with speakers on diabetes issues
- We send out a Newsletter six times as year
- We provide help to specific requests from the community signposting them to the relevant help – we do not give clinical advice.
We work with local community organisations and have a strong relationships with them.
Hon. Membership Secretary:
Hon. Programme Secretary:
Hon. Newsletter Editor:
- Gifty Nmaju [ General Role ]
- Brian Matthews [ Development & CCG ]
- Lynette Richards [ Lorde Liaison Officer ]
- Shafique Kumbay [ Website ]